July 23, 2015

Author of Dreams

As I was learning calligraphy on my own, as I discover the answers to my question about the craft itself on my own, I have a lot of dreams -- dreams to be good in my chosen craft and to be able to teach it to my friends who want to learn. Honestly, I was dreaming of having workshops as well. However, like what I said, I have no formal knowledge... SO HOW CAN I?

But still, I never gave up that so called "impossible dream" I was just keep on praying about it until my sister in Christ Jamie, the owner of A Dash of Jamie, and one of the people behind The Enspire Collective asked me if I can I can do a calligraphy workshop for their July gathering. I immediately said YES! I had peace in my heart when I said yes to their invitation though I felt my knees shaking.

I became honest to God. I said, "Lord, I believe this is a dream come true for me. Lord, I am limited. I am broken. I need Your help. I need strength. Please guide me Lord." And God reminded me of this verse:
Night is coming for them, and nightmares, for God takes the side of victims. Do you think you can mess with the dreams of the poor? You can’t, for God makes their dreams come true.- Psalm 14:5-6 (The Message)
I immediately prayed to Him and thanked Him for the opportunity of having a workshop. I contacted my Spiritual Mom and asked for prayers and words of wisdom. I became honest to her "Mom, I cannot understand... dreams of the poor? Am I poor?" Her response to my question made me cry "My dear one, you are rich in love yet you are poor in Spirit. I admire you for seeking God every time. You seek Him in a way that I am sure He loves you doing. However, your faith is more admirable. Inspite of everything that has happened to you -- YOU ARE STILL BELIEVING HIM FOR GREATER THINGS." And I was able to understand every question I have in my mind. Thank God indeed!

God's guidance was so evident! Everything happened smoothly. Not even the weather can stop us from preparing for the workshop. Praise God indeed!

After one week of preparations and prayers... Finally!

The workshop poster
Preparing their exercises
Finally, I saw the 24 brave people who pursued their love or desire to learn calligraphy. I thank God for those who registered, showed their sincerest support, supported the event through prayers and those people who helped me.

I was not able to contain my tears so after I was introduced, I shared my joy through tears.

Jamie laughed because I was crying so I laughed too. But in reality, I cannot contain the joy in my heart.
God is indeed good. I was just asking to have one-on-one workshops but, He gave me 24 participants. Praise God indeed! I am blessed to be able to share my passion to 24 wonderful people who are willing to learn and pursue their passion as well.

Some of the calligraphy techniques that I shared are: controlling your pen but not your penmanship and I gave them a bonus -- learning flourishes. Here are some of my favorite photos:


Why so serious Jamie?
One of my students Gayle Baligod, doing the second exercises, minimal
One of my students Louise Anog, is concentrating on one of the exercises, nakakapagpabagabag
Great food from B&B Burgers and Brewskies, our host
Groupie with these awesome people plus an one awesome guy who braved out to witness my weirdness
Got the chance to pray for our July birthday celebrants
I praise God for the blessings He has bestowed upon that day -- great and cooperative weather, good traffic flow, patience, strength and grace. Also, I praise God for a good friend of mine who became our official photographer for the day Jaja Ferrer. Also, I would love to thank Cafe Terminal for the yummy cookies that you sponsored and Signetura Shop for the wonderful rings. And Burgers and Brewskies BGC for being our host.

As much as I would love to upload all of the details and photos here in the blog, I would really love to encourage you all to check out the official photo album here.

Also, do not forget to check out and like my FB Page.

I do hope and pray that each and everyone of you who is reading this post will PURSUE WHAT YOU ARE REALLY PASSIONATE AT. Do not be discouraged just because you failed the first time. Remember, failure is not final at all unless you let it define you. God, the giver of dreams, designed us to make our dreams real but of course, our dreams will succeed if you are doing it in accordance to His will and for His glory alone.

Official Groupie
For more updates and for daily dose of weirdness, follow me on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

As I end this post, I just want to remind each one of us (yes, including me) that God never sleeps. He watches over us and He embrace us with His love.

He won’t let you stumble,
    your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel’s
    Guardian will never doze or sleep.

- Psalm 121:4