November 2, 2015

Wrapping Gifts is spelled as F - U - N

Everyone likes to receive gifts. Everyone likes to be surprised. However, not everyone likes to wrap gifts.

And because not everyone likes to wrap gifts, it is either they will give the gift as it is, not leaving an element of surprise. Or they will ask someone from the "Gift Wrapping Station" to wrap it for them, willing to pay a certain fee just to escape the hassle of wrapping gifts.

So, I asked two people about their opinions in gift wrapping -- a crew from a "Gift Wrapping Station" and a customer.

Q: Why do you need to wrap your gifts?

Crew: Para po mas may effort. Kasi alam mo na pinaghirapan mo yung pambili nung regalo. Mas masarap kasi yung feeling na nagbubukas ka ng regalo.
Customer: Kasi nakakahiya pag ibibigay mo sya as is.


Q: Customer, why do you bring your gifts here? Don't you like wrapping gifts?

Customer: Ang hirap. Nahihirapan ako, kasi nalulukot yung wrapper tapos parang ang pangit ng pagkakabalot ko. At least, dito presentable.


Q: Crew, what do you feel when you wrap gifts?

Crew: Masaya po. Kasi nafee-feel ko yung joy nung nagbigay at nung tatanggap ng regalo.


So after interviewing both of them, I shared what I am going to share to all of you. GIFT WRAPPING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

Huh? Really? How?

Before answering that question, let me first introduce to you the ones behind making me say such a statement -- Hallmark Philippines. Hallmark Philippines is the one who produces our all-time favorite well-designed greeting cards and they cater greeting cards for different occasions -- from womb to tomb, even the sweet nothings, they have it for you. They also have some scrapbook-ing materials which I hoard most of the time.

But this time, let us hear them ROAR as they "re-vamp" themselves with their "Mix and Match" collection that will cater different products that will fit your special needs for a particular occasion. And because we are now in the "-BER" months, Hallmark came up with a Mix and Match collection for Christmas.

And last October 28, Ate Maricel Mendoza of A Sweet Cottage had a collaboration with Hallmark Philippines for a Bloggers' Exclusive Launch of the said collection at Commune (Heads up: Commune has found its new home at Polaris Street).

What first caught my attention was the buffet table -- not full of foods but full of gift wrapping materials (signs of a hoarder). Plus how it is beautifully arranged. (OHA!)

Buffet Table of Gift Wrapping Materials
But of course, what really made me happy was meeting new friends, especially the generous people of Hallmark.

(L-R) Ms. Peachy, That's me!, Ms. Helene, Ms. Maricel, Ms. Audrey, Ms. Mansy and Ms. Patty
But, what I really loved the most is that Ate Maricel shared to us her passion in gift wrapping and how she maximizes her resources and how detailed she is when it comes to giving gifts. And we also had a chance to practice our gift wrapping skills using Hallmark's Mix and Match Christmas Collection.

Here are some of my photos:

How can I turn you into something awesome?
Maybe working on the floor can help me turn these into something awesome.
And I just did.
Admittedly, I had struggles. Especially, I have "water-bender" hands meaning, I am having spasms most of the time that is why I had a hard time doing the challenge. But over-all, I enjoyed the gift wrapping exercise.

Yaaaaaay! I had three. (insert SUPER SMILEY ACHIEVE face here)
How can I just stop saying thank you to Hallmark Philippines and A Sweet Cottage? I went out of Commune with a hope that I can still improve my gift wrapping skills and with brand new learnings. Plus being able to drink Commune's great Cafe Mocha and Cupcakes -- HAHAHAHA!!! (Sorry, matakaw lang). Bringing home lots of gift wrapping loots is just a bonus.

At the end of the day -- buying gifts, wrapping gifts, giving gifts and receiving gifts will always be a part of our Filipino Christmas Tradition. It is always be in our hands how to make our gift giving special and how can you make it a memorable one -- not only in giving it but also involving your family in wrapping gifts.


Gift wrapping can be F-U-N.
Just take it easy and
make it a family tradition
to wrap your gifts together.