October 14, 2015

Be Grateful = Be Blissful

I recently started my "The Gratitude Project" which I was able to do faithfully but I was not able to share it to my Social Media followers. I felt guilty about it. I actually prayed to God and said sorry. But He reminded me that IT IS GOOD TO HAVE A GRATEFUL HEART despite of the things I am going through right now.


"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Maybe you are going to ask me why I still need to do so. Honestly, I wanna inspire people to thank God despite having a bad day. However, I realized that being grateful must be a lifestyle. Writing it down is just a helpful tool for us to be able to practice it.

So I persistently prayed to God. I prayed that He will give me means and ways to start this project and do it in a larger scale. So I thought, sharing it on social media would do or putting it up as a status on my Facebook would fulfill my agenda. But having it as a lifestyle actually did -- and maybe that is the larger scale that I really need to achieve.

But, I realized that having it as a lifestyle is not only the larger scale I was aiming for. Why? Because having a group of people who will do the same as I do it encourages me more to continue living a lifestyle of gratitude.

And last September 19, I met 18 people with different life stories but has the same passion to learn BLISSFUL JOURNAL WRITING by Martine de Luna of Make it Blissful.

The event was a partnership between The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's Brew Your Best Year and Make it Blissful. And for us to be able to get an exclusive invite, we are asked to submit an artwork that is related to "Visualizing your Dreams" and this is the artwork I submitted through Instagram and through mail as well:


A quote by Ralph Marston
The reason why I chose this quote is because this quote encourages me to dream that I am living in the world where my dreams already happened. Why? Because whenever I think that they will happen, they really happen -- maybe not in the way I want it but the way God wants it to happen.

So the event happened last September 19 at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Bonifacio Stopover. Finally, I was able to meet the very wonderful woman who communicates with me everytime, Ms. Nella Lomotan (just a sidenote: check out her very beautiful Instagram feed @nellal

 
Lyne (winner of our mini-competition), Ms. Nella (the beautiful girl with a long hair) and of course Martine de Luna
(c) Brew Your Best Year

So Martine started to explain what is blissful journaling and she even emphasized why journaling is important, she also shared some of her tools of trade as she puts the important part of her life on a journal.

And she even selflessly shared some of her Blissful Edition Passion Cards, Gift Paper Book and her Washi Tapes. And we are blessed to take home one Sunday Paper Co's blank notebooks and a lot of new learnings.

And I will share those learnings on a separate blog post.

Sharing my photo dumps during the event:

Our tools of trade plus a surprise gift from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
Martine is so generous to share us some of her Washi Tapes and Gift Papers
A healthy sandwich from CBTL
Starting the day right with CBTL's Brewed Coffee
Martine is such a wonderful mom. She brings her beautiful baby girl Krista Valentina to her speaking engagement and she is really behave
Why Krista?
Grabbed my cup of Hazelnut Iced Blended plus our healthy snack, CBTL's best seller -- Banana Chocolate Muffin 
The official photos are uploaded here: Brew Your Best Year x Make It Blissful: Creative Journaling

go hard after the things that make you happy.
go after what you want. FOLLOW YOUR BLISS.