August 12, 2015

Courage, Dear Heart

My little booth
Photo by Ate Jam San Juan
One step at a time.
Yes.
One step. At a time.

Honestly, this past few weeks, I really feel uncomfortable. Not because I accidentally formatted my phone. Not because we didn't have an internet connection for almost nine days. Not even because of those emails I sent left being unanswered or not because of my unanswered prayers.

I feel uncomfortable and intimidated because people are keep on comparing me to other people -- especially to those who are into calligraphy as well. I do not really feel discouraged. I just feel intimidated to the point wherein I ask myself "Am I not yet brave enough? I left the corporate for this, gave up ministry opportunities, lessen my social life, I almost gave up my friends. Have I not yet given enough? Am I a coward?" 

These questions are just running into my mind. Until, finally, God reminded me of His plans for me. He also reminded me of my purpose. His words just lifted me up and encouraged me. So, I decided to let go of myself and just let God.
I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.
- Galatians 2:20 (The Message)
No longer I, but CHRIST IN ME. I was reminded that I AM HIS. And everything I have, even the works of my hands belongs to Him.

I prayed to Him and gave up my plans to God. "Let Your glorious will be done, Lord. I will just take courage and follow You withe everything I've got." And indeed, His plans just happened. I just gave my everything and He is faithful -- I obeyed Him and a lot of opportunities came.

And one of those opportunities is to have my first ever art fair. I am blessed that I was able to join the Pursuit Manila Art Fair that was held at the Knightsbridge Residences last August 1. I am really blessed to be one of the merchants for the said fair.

The Official Invite/Poster
I showcased my handmade/handwritten notebooks plus some of my pre-loved artworks. At first, I thought no one's going to go to be interested but, I WAS WRONG! PRAISE GOD because I was able to meet some people that I just meet on Instagram and also, I was able to have new friends. I do not even expect that I am already an inspiration to some calligraphy beginners. Haaaaaaaaay! GOD IS REALLY AMAZING! 

Such a JOY to meet a new friend, Teacher Joy
Photo by Ate Madeleine @madzsablada
I had a tiring yet wonderful day after the fair. But, just remembering how beautiful the place was when it was filled with creative people who are pursuing their passion, it wiped away all of my worries and anxiety. August 1 will be a wonderful day for me, also, it is a special day for me.

Why? I WAS REMINDED TO BE COURAGEOUS AS I REACH MY DREAMS FOR HE IS WITH ME.

This served as my necklace for the entire day
Before, I was so afraid to sell my notebooks because I thought, no one would like it but during the fair, I received a lot of requests and encouragements. Also, I do not really want to market myself but God just allowed my works to speak for itself. And I am now being encouraged to join other art fairs. COURAGE. LEAP OF FAITH.

Do not be intimidated when you see or hear other people's success because at the end of the day YOUR SUCCESS STORY IS NOT THE SAME AS HIS OR HERS SUCCESS STORY. Honestly, I consider being able to give up the corporate world for being a full-time artist as a wonderful success. Why? Because everyone can leave the corporate world but not everyone was called to be an artist. Some were called to be a businessman or businesswoman. WE HAVE DIFFERENT CALLINGS SO DO NOT BELITTLE YOURSELF. GOD HAS A VERY BEAUTIFUL PLAN FOR YOU. SO DO NOT GIVE UP.

Have Courage, Dear Heart

LittleMsPrinter signing off for now
Take Heart, I have overcome the world
- John 16:33 (The Message)